School Program by Topic
Science Skill Building:
Build It: Engineering (3-5)
- Investigate the concepts of engineering by raising questions and experimenting in teams.
- Record date in the form of simple charts.
- Explore the idea that science does not always follow a rigid method.
- Construct a model while using creativity and design skills.
Clues of the Past (3-5)
- Investigate the use of present artifacts to make inferences aobut hte past lives of Tequesta Native Americans.
- Explore evidence and generate science explanations.
- Differentiate between an experiment and other types of scientific explanations.
- Explore Florida history by discussing "trash mounds."
Know Your Rock (1-2)
- Learn what it means to make observations using one or more of the five senses.
- Collectively describe an object in as much detail as possible.
- Explore the definition of a rock by actively participating in “My Secret Rock.”
- Discover different types of rocks in a rock dig.