School Program by Topic
Magnet Investigations (K-2)
- Identify properties of magnets using careful observation.
- Work collaboratively to investigate the steps of the scientific process.
- Participate in hands-on experiments with magnets.
- Compare observations and ideas by sharing results with others.
Good Vibrations (1-2)
- Explore the concept of vibrations.
- Identify that sound is caused by vibrations that travel in waves through different media.
- Experiment at centers to understand how sound is made.
- Construct a musical instrument for continued exploration back in the classroom.
Electrical Encounters (3-4)
- Explore the concept of electricity and identify the different types.
- Investigate static electricity in the form of lightning.
- Examine current electricity by building circuits.
- Experiment with materials to differentiate between conductors and insulators.
3-2-1 Blast-Off: Forces and Motion (3-5)
- Explore rockets and identify the parts.
- Investigate Newton’s Third Law of Motion.
- Identify types of energy and acting forces during a rocket launch.
- Collaboratively work in pairs to construct and launch a water rocket.