School Programs By Grades
Body Science: Healthy Habits
- Identify that living things grow and change.
- Understand that people need food for survival.
- Explore the concept of nutrition and its importance for growth and function.
- Investigate foods to learn how to make healthier choices.
Digging Deep: Fossil Hunt
- Define “fossil” and discuss fossil formation and types.
- Work in teams in our sand site to uncover and identify fossils.
- Discover the origin and identity of the fossils collected.
- Explore the concept of vibrations.
- Identify that sound is caused by vibrations that travel in waves through different media.
- Experiment at centers to understand how sound is made.
- Construct a musical instrument for continued exploration back in the classroom.
Icky Squishy Matter
- Explore the concept of matter and its various states.
- Discuss how chemistry is used in everyday life.
- Observe a chemical reaction and phase changes.
- Model safe laboratory procedures as students actively participate in making a take-home gooey concoction.
- Identify properties of magnets using careful observation.
- Work collaboratively to investigate the steps of the scientific process.
- Participate in hands-on experiments with magnets.
- Compare observations and ideas by sharing results with others.
StarLab: From Night to Day
- Identify that the sun provides energy in the form of light and heat.
- Investigate the position of the sun in the sky as it appears to change throughout the day.
- Explore the night sky in the Star Lab.
- Construct a sky scope for continued exploration.