School Programs By Grade
3-2-1 Blast Off: Forces and Motion
- Explore rockets and identify the parts.
- Investigate Newton’s Third Law of Motion.
- Identify types of energy and acting forces during a rocket launch.
- Collaboratively work in pairs to construct and launch a water rocket.
Body Science: Cell Theory
- Identify that all living organisms are made of cells.
- Investigate the structure and function of cells.
- Explore the concept of cells as building blocks for tissues, organs, and body systems.
- Identify some of the major body systems, organs within these systems, and how they function together.
Build It: Engineering
- Investigate the concepts of engineering by raising questions and experimenting in teams.
- Record data in the form of simple charts.
- Explore the idea that science does not always follow a rigid method.
- Construct a model while using creativity and design skills.
Clues of the Past
- Investigate the use of present artifacts to make inferences about the past lives of Tequesta Native Americans.
- Explore evidence and generate science explanations.
- Differentiate between an experiment and other types of scientific explanations.
- Explore Florida history by discussing "trash mounds."
- Explore the concept of electricity and identify the different types.
- Investigate static electricity in the form of lightening.
- Identify current electricity by building circuits.
- Experiment with materials to differentiate between conductors and insulators.
- Learn the properties of minerals.
- Identify minerals and their uses in our daily lives.
- Investigate basic techniques used to identify minerals with the use of test kits.
- Record and interpret data to compare and identify unknown minerals.
- Review the definition of chemistry and matter.
- Differentiate between chemical and physical reactions.
- Incorporate steps of the scientific method through observation and experimentation.
- Model safe laboratory procedures while recording and interpreting results.
Rock and Erode
- Investigate the properties of rocks and identify the three rock groups.
- Explore rock formation and stages of the rock cycle.
- Experiment with a stream table to understand the effects of weather and erosion on rocks.
StarLab: Exploring Our Galaxy
- Identify the objects which make up our galaxy.
- Compare properties of the inner and outer planets.
- Discuss the influence of gravity and energy in the formation of galaxies, stars, and solar systems.
- Explore our solar system in our StarLab.