The Great American Solar Eclipse is Coming!
Join us Monday August 21, 2pm-4:30pm for a fun & sun-filled event!
Here's what's happening:
- Eclipse viewing glasses* (DUE TO AN EXTREMELY LIMITED SUPPLY, WE WILL BE ISSUING ONE PAIR PER FAMILY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
- Solar viewing through our professional-grade telescope (weather-permitting)
- Solar science demonstrations, including pinhole cameras and more!
- Make and Take* science craft on the family pavilion
- Live feed of other eclipse viewing locations via NASA’s website
- Food available for purchase on the patio pavilion
… AND MORE!
* Supplies will be limited
ECLIPSE FUN FACTS!
PSA: EYE SAFETY DURING A SOLAR ECLIPSE!
It is NEVER safe to look directly at the Sun, except when the sun is entirely blocked during the period of the eclipse known as TOTALITY. Because we will not be experiencing totality here, it will NOT be safe to look directly at the Sun at ANY point during the eclipse. Here at the Explorium, we will provide eclipse glasses (1 pair per family) for safe viewing on a first-come first-serve basis while supplies last.